Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sunny, when i was younger

Me and Michael, sitting outside my old house
back in Jackson Heights when i was just 5
came here in 97
mama and papa were struggling
just to make a living
papa worked hard
worked two jobs
working from 9 to 5, 3 to 7
having no life, just struggling to be surviving
back then i didn't know about play
cause in those days
it was rough times
and no one lived a life like mine

it was a ham sandwich every day for lunch
but back then i was younger
and ate anything to sate my hunger
there wasn't much in this little town
but mama and papa helped me get out without a frown
helped me carry myself
and looking back now
I'm happy we got through it
cause it was crazy

Papa hit the jackpot in '05
the biggest thrill of my life
out of this place
rid of these days
escaped from devils
from the dreaded bible

goodbye Anna we loved ya
goodbye Peter we'll miss ya
goodbye Sunny you were my best buddy
but i gotta get out of this place unscathed
you know i would never leave ya, always will be with ya
but these times are different, and i got a life of mine, and i gotta lead it

but im back now
and looking around
things have changed
Anna and Peter, I see you your okay
living into the old age
Sunny you aren't who you use to be
the innocent boy that could see
all the things wrong
but i guess that's gone

No comments:

Post a Comment